Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thank goodness I’m grounded.

And other electrical lessons.

I tried to use the dryer the other day. It sparked, and then didn’t start. Great. Wet clothes, no dryer.

I pushed the start button again. And again, a spark. This time it arced from the dryer to the vent and burned a hole. Figuring the third time would be the charm, I pushed the button again – no spark and the dryer still didn’t start.

I decided to bring in reinforcements. I called for Michael and told him what had happened. He got over the fact that I hit the button three times including a burn pretty quickly and he got to it.

He checked the wiring from the dryer to the wall – fine.
He checked the wiring from the fuse box to the floor – again, just fine. He headed for the dreaded crawl space.


The problem?
The former owners. Can you believe they (or folks they hired) changed the gauge of the wire below the house to save a couple of cents? Neither could Michael. He fixed the wiring and the dryer is back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment